Translate

Thursday, May 21, 2015

The 15-Minute, Three-Pass Shave

Since I've gone back to a nine-to-five job (actually seven-- to thee thirty), I've been shaving quicker.

On a typical morning, I'll put my old-fashioned oatmeal with a frozen-berry medly in the microwave (on half power) for 12 minutes. Then it's off the bathroom for my morning shave.

In 12 minutes, I typically get in three passes, but about then the microwave beeps done, and while the oatmeal cools, I do my clean-up routine, which takes another couple of minutes. That includes disassembling the razor and press drying the blade with a square of TP (as I mentioned in my last post), drying the razor with the TP as well, then squeezing out the lather from my brush into my lathering bowl, then generally tidying up the bowl, and stowing my gear until tomorrow.

My shaves have been close, but I've had the occasional nick or minor cut due to haste. I'm getting better, however.

Oh, and if you're curious about the breakfast, to the oatmeal and cooked berries I add a pre-cooked legumes from the refrigerator -- usually I prefer chickpeas or black beans because they are relatively tasteless -- to supplement the grain and get my full compliment of essential amino acids. Then I add a couple of tablespoons of ground flax seeds, which provides an adequate amount of the essential omega-three fatty acid, alpha-linolenic acid, and then a handful of raisins. I usually top off this delightful mixture with some oat milk.  Mmmmm.

Happy shaving!

No comments:

Post a Comment