Translate

Thursday, August 14, 2014

The Slant Razor and Minimalist Shaving

I shaved with my slant double edge this morning using a blade about ready for the recycle blade bank. I shaved mostly against grain (cross grain on my upper lip), and got a surprisingly close shave -- pretty much baby-bottom smooth (BBS) -- on my cheeks and neck, although just under my jaw line would need more attention to be BBS.

I did a one-pass shave everywhere except my chin, on which I also shaved cross grain to get completely smooth.

The shave was marred by a few minor weepers, which were handled by a few cool-water rinses and then use of the alum block on my entire face, followed by a final cool-water rinse.

As I continue to push the performance envelope with minimalist-but-close shaves, I continue to learn about the morning ritual. This leads me to continue to re-think my recommendations for those new to double-edge shaving. Sometime in the near future I will publish updated recommendations for newbies.

So today was a minimalist blog article along with the minimalist (plus alum) shave. Tomorrow it's back to the Merkur 33C razor head to again compare another minimalist shave with that instrument.

Happy shaving!

No comments:

Post a Comment