Translate

Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Niggleing Lower Neck

Today was a second consecutive shave with the Merkur 33 Classic razor head. It would have been a fine shave, except the second pass, against grain (AG), on my lower neck went awry, causing some irritation and weepers -- an inauspicious continuation of earlier shaves this week.

I hate when that happens.

I seem to get a better second-pass, AG result in this area with the Tech, rather than the slightly-milder 33. I'm not quite sure why, but it seems to be the case.

Tomorrow I'll take a third consecutive shave with the mild Merkur 33, but this time go cross grain in the second and final pass.

If that is successful, I'll keep doing it until the area is fully healed, and then try an AG second pass on my lower neck and see if I can get it done without incident.

Happy shaving!

No comments:

Post a Comment