Translate

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

The Slim with a New Dorco Blade

After my last article about how my opinion of the vintage Gillette Slim adjustable razor is evolving, I temporarily set aside the well used but not quite worn out SuperMax blade and installed in the Slim a new Dorco ST-301 blade.

Varying slightly from the previous three-pass shaves, I was a bit more careful with my razor settings. Today my first pass (WTG) was set on 2. The second pass (XTG) was also on 2. The third pass (ATG) was on 1. Final clean-up strokes were set to 2.

Again, surprise! A close, reasonably comfortable shave. The post-shave irritation faded quickly. There were a few pin-point weepers, but, again, on my face this isn't unusual and most if not all were the same ones present in previous shaves.

Even after years of DE shaving, my shaving technique and awareness apparently continues to evolve -- even though I'm not consciously trying. I guess my touch is lighter, although maybe my skin is just toughening up.

The net result is that I may further reduce my at-hand razors to just two: the Slim and my Parker Variant; thus relegating all my non-adjustable razors to storage in the closet shaving box.

Who knew? (Not me!)

Happy adjustable shaving!



No comments:

Post a Comment