Translate

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Corking & Stropping DE Blades

Starting tomorrow I'll be returning to corking and arm-stropping DE blades in an effort to achieve maximum smoothness of shave.

I'm starting with a 12th-use (!) Rapira Platinum Lux blade, which is 1) the most daily shaves I've tried to get from a DE blade (although I'm making fewer daily passes than I previously have done -- two passes currently versus three passes previously), and 2) corking and stropping runs counter to my concern about removing the factory applied coatings on my blades.

Now, of course, there isn't much concern about coating removal on a 12th-use blade, but it's a different story on a new blade. I will be "corking" a new blade only prior to the first use, and won't be using cork at all. Instead I'll be using a styrofoam packing peanut.

As always, I'll keep you informed about this experiment.

Happy shaving!

No comments:

Post a Comment