- Expect it to smell like old-school bath soap (as I said, think Ivory soap). By having appropriate expectations, you won't be disappointed when it doesn't smell like your favorite cologne.
- When it arrives, unwrap the soap and let it air out. The fragrance intensity diminishes with a little time.
- It is moderately sized for easy storage at home or for travel
- It has synthetic bristles, which are low maintenance: they dry quickly and the knot tends to maintain its shape
- Though the synthetic bristles feel a bit harsh at first, they seem to become more face friendly with use
- The brush tends not to shed any bristles -- almost none in my experience
- It can easily hold a lot of water or a little -- all due to water tension
- The synthetic bristles require no pre-shave soaking
- Personna Super (<US$13/100 blades)
- Dorco ST-301 (<US$10/100 blades)
- Lord Platinum Class (<US$12/100 blades)
- Astra Superior Platinum (<US$11/100 blades)
- Super-Max Titanium (<US$11/100 blades)