|Like the man of steel, the Super-Max Titanium blade is a|
blade of steel, but isn't as super as the Personna red label.
- With the SMT blade, I can definitely notice a difference in cutting efficiency when comparing direct to oblique strokes; the oblique strokes are smoother, more efficient -- especially when doing against-grain strokes
- I had some obvious irritation and weepers on my left-lower neck -- still residual from the past few days, but the aggressive against-grain strokes on my second pass were a contributor as well.
- Today's shave was close, but the alum block did reveal some irritation beyond that described in the preceding bullet.
- The above observations suggest that though the SMT blade is not bad, the Personna red is superior.
- I don't expect to get the same longevity from the SMT blade as the Personna red, but will see how much I can extend the useful life of this blade beyond the normal seven shaves that I would routinely take prior to depositing the blade in the recycle bank. As is my now-usual process, I oil-palm stropped the blade after press drying, and then put it back into my c.1948 Tech for tomorrow's first pass.