Translate

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

What's in the Cabinet? What's not?

I keep my primary shaving brush, soap cup, and lathering bowl on the bathroom counter. But the contents of my main shaving shelf in the bathroom cabinet have been simplified since I've met my latest BFF (best friend forever), the Rimei RM2003 razor head. I know it's sudden, since we only got acquainted last week; but when it's right, you just know.

I am in love with the RM2003, and I don't think it's just a fling. The shaves I get are so good, so close and face friendly, that I have already taken several steps toward long-term commitment (that is, commitment toward daily use of this razor, not commitment of me into an institution for the mentally ill :-). These steps, which indicate my true affection for the shaves of the RM2003 razor head, include the following:

  • I have removed my previously-favorite razor head, the Merkur 33C, to the shaving shoe box in my clothes closet.
  • Ditto for the Lord L.6 razor head: into storage.
  • Same for the Gillette Slim Adjustable razor: into storage.
  • I only keep one three-piece-razor handle in the bathroom, which is the fat, heavy Maggard MR3B handle -- the one with the black accent coating on the knurling.
  • I still keep the Merkur 15C open-comb razor head in the cabinet in case I need to shave the back of my neck and trim my back hairline.

Here's what the cabinet shelf looks like this morning:

Center, clockwise from left: a slightly-used Derby Extra blade in its wrapper, the Merkur 15C open-comb razor head sitting on a slightly-used Personna blade in its wrapper, and the Rimei RM2003 razor head coupled with the Maggard MR3B handle resting on the empty wrapper of the Personna blade in the Rimei razor head.
Background, clockwise from left: styptic pencil & cap, vitamin-E oil, skin moisturizer with sun screen, tea-tree-oil after shave, alum block in open container on top of the used-blade bank, Nivea balm, Neutrogena balm, Gillette gel, and Gillette lotion.

Happy shaving (and question everything)!

No comments:

Post a Comment