I am in love with the RM2003, and I don't think it's just a fling. The shaves I get are so good, so close and face friendly, that I have already taken several steps toward long-term commitment (that is, commitment toward daily use of this razor, not commitment of me into an institution for the mentally ill :-). These steps, which indicate my true affection for the shaves of the RM2003 razor head, include the following:
- I have removed my previously-favorite razor head, the Merkur 33C, to the shaving shoe box in my clothes closet.
- Ditto for the Lord L.6 razor head: into storage.
- Same for the Gillette Slim Adjustable razor: into storage.
- I only keep one three-piece-razor handle in the bathroom, which is the fat, heavy Maggard MR3B handle -- the one with the black accent coating on the knurling.
- I still keep the Merkur 15C open-comb razor head in the cabinet in case I need to shave the back of my neck and trim my back hairline.
Here's what the cabinet shelf looks like this morning:
Happy shaving (and question everything)!